Is Progesterone ok to take after 50?

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
PeriM22

Is Progesterone ok to take after 50?

Post by PeriM22 »

Hi Lara,
Thank you for your book Hormone Repair Manual - I devoured it in 3 days. I have added Taurine powder to my magnesium powder and also asked my doctor to prescribe prometrium. I am 51 years old. I had been having regular periods up until Dec 2022 and am now about 15 days late, so I think this might be the beginning of the end? My question is, am I too old to be taking progesterone? I took 200gm for one night only and had the best night's sleep. I need to get blood work done so thought I would hold off taking it more regularly until I knew what my baseline is. My hair is starting to thin out as well and hoping prometrium will help slow that down as well. I strength train and aim to get 10,000 steps a day. I also eat nutritionally well and do not drink alcohol. I only suffer from poor sleep and on the rare occassion a hot flash but haven't had one in a while. Thank you, Maria