Novasure endometrial ablation

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
Hopezibah

Novasure endometrial ablation

Post by Hopezibah »

Hi, I joined this forum from when it started many years ago but this is my first post... I have searched the topics and can't seem to find much on this so I hope it is ok to ask a question...
I'm 46, have no plans for more children, and have had heavy periods throughout my life (accompanied by dizziness/fainting, pain, sickness etc for a couple of days each month too). The only thing previously that made them manageable was the combined pill but I came off that over 5 years ago and have no plans to go back onto it.

Have tried other types of pill, the mirena coil etc and didn't get on well with any of them. I've also tried all sorts of supplements and herbal remedies etc too but it has never made enough of a difference.

I currently have a small 3cm fibroid. So it has been recommended that I have endometrial ablation as that should deal with the fibroid and hopefully resolve the heavy bleeding too.

What do I need to know?
I can mainly find only the positives about the procedure but I'm worried I'm missing something? I also suspect that I'm perimenopausal - so does the procedure have any affect on when to start any HRT in future? Feeling very out of my depth and a bit lost at the moment.
Thanks for your help.