Progesterone for Uterine Cancer

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
crystala1966

Progesterone for Uterine Cancer

Post by crystala1966 »

Hi Lara,

Love your articles, they are very helpful! I'm almost 57 and I've just been diagnosed with uterine cancer (adenocarcinoma, endometrioid type, FIGO grade 1), after having heavy bleeding and intense cramping pain for 2 months.

I read your progesterone articles. My GYN wants to put me on Progestin (Medroxyprogesterone 10 mg) before scheduling me for surgery. I don't want surgery or any medical treatments. I am using many natural approaches for the cancer, but I also have extreme estrogen dominance and very low progesterone levels, so I need to address that to thin my endometrium. And I just ordered Calcium d-glucarate & Iodine.

I want to use natural progesterone but there are so many types and options. I think 400 mg per day is appropriate (according to conversion chart I found a link to on your site). The questions are: Compounded USP or one of the brand names (is one brand better?)? Oral or vaginal or both? Time-released or not? Once or twice a day? Or 200 mg time released at bedtime + 100mg twice a day while awake or even 50 mg 4 times per day while awake? I understand it may make me sleepy, so maybe all at bedtime, but time-released or not? I'm going to ask my GYN for a prescription, but he knows nothing about the naturals so I need to go prepared for exactly what to ask for.

You are such an expert on this topic so I hope you can help! I'd love to make an appt, but I'm in the US. Thank you so much for everything Lara!! :D