Tubal Ligation (clips) and progesterone

A discussion area for topics from my second book Hormone Repair Manual. When you start a thread, please refer to the chapter where the topic appears.
Ali

Tubal Ligation (clips) and progesterone

Post by Ali »

Hi Team (and Lara!)
My question is around a tubal ligation potentially making perimenopause symptoms worse. I'm 43 (nearly 44) and had a tubal done with clips at 33. I started perimenopausal symptoms at 41 with migraines and sleep disturbances. More recently I had histamine flare ups with eczema and nasal congestion so went on 100mg of progesterone (bio-identical) which gave great relief but suddenly I'm having 16 day cycles and an increase in histamine related symptoms again. Just wondering if this all seems a bit accelerated for my age? Has anyone had a successful tubal reversal - or would it be worth it? Or perhaps I need to up my dose of progesterone and take it daily as opposed to cyclically (seeing as my cycles are suddenly so short). Any related experiences/thought appreciated. Thanks so much.
Sunnygal

Re: Tubal Ligation (clips) and progesterone

Post by Sunnygal »

I suspect my tubal of setting off peri symptoms too. Can’t reverse mine the way it was done. 100mg progesterone cyclically isn’t much. Maybe you need a more typical dose of 200mg for those days? Or maybe the daily would help as you said but I’m not sure about that.