Bioidentical progesterone withdrawl

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
Anna Smith

Bioidentical progesterone withdrawl

Post by Anna Smith »

Good morning from the uk!

I’m Anna (43) and on bioidentical progesterone thanks to Lara’s fabulous books.

Was dealing with migraines, anxiety, sleeplessness and rage etc in the second half of my cycle.

Unfortunately now I’m getting the same symptoms as soon as I stop the progesterone, so approx days 2-10 of the following cycle!!

It feels as if it’s either the sudden withdrawl from the progesterone but I haven’t heard of anyone else experiencing this… ?

Would it be safe to carry on with the progesterone into my next cycle at a lower dose so I’m essentially weaning down rather than stopping outright?

I’m having to phone in sick to work again and I’m missing out on the ‘good’ but of my cycle!!!

Any ideas gratefully received xxx
Caro

Re: Bioidentical progesterone withdrawl

Post by Caro »

Hi Anna,

I find your question very interesting as I have the impression I am experiencing the same. I am still however in the testing phase of progesterone dosage. Did you find an answer to your question since June last year? Is it getting better after a few cycles or you had to take it all the time?

All the best, Caroline
dee_laide

Post by dee_laide »

Hello there
This was exactly 💯 the same for me.
I said this to my HRT doctor and she said that I could take 100g for 2 days after the 14 days of 200g of bioidentical progesterone. The sudden withdrawal was abrupt and hard for me too. I find this is helpful but last month was the first time I tried it.
Dee x
Ecarmie

Post by Ecarmie »

I am dealing with a similar issue and joined this forum to ask the question!

I’ve also been dealing with long haul Covid symptoms that are better when on progesterone and flare when off. I’m wondering if it is okay to take progesterone continuously while my body heals.

Blessings,
E
Last edited by Ecarmie on Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elliot41

Post by Elliot41 »

Hello ! Having the exact same experience, did you ever get to the bottom of it ? Many thanks , Elaine