Diamine Oxidase (DAO) Supplements

A discussion area for topics from my first book Period Repair Manual. When you start a thread, please refer to the chapter where the topic appears.
hereforhelp

Diamine Oxidase (DAO) Supplements

Post by hereforhelp »

Do you recommend taking DAO supplements? I am starting to see more of these out in the market.
Anna2005

Re: Diamine Oxidase (DAO) Supplements

Post by Anna2005 »

Hello, I'm not Lara, however I just wanted to chime in and recommend you to try getting more DAO from natural sources. There's evidence that DAO supplements might be binding to your DNA cells and the other side effects are yet to be discovered. "Diamine oxidase is a Cu-containing enzyme which intracellularly participates in the regulation of the levels of putrescine, spermidine and spermine and in this process produces growth inhibitory amino aldehydes and hydrogen peroxide. Extracellularly, the enzyme participates in the inactivation of biogenic amines, notably histamine. Here we present evidence that in the presence of polyamines, diamine oxidase has the ability to bind DNA and to oxidise DNA-bound polyamines. The enzyme associates with chromosomal DNA since it can be released from human placental DNA by treatment with DNase I and it may be involved in the degradation of DNA. Thus, diamine oxidase may belong to a new class of DNA-binding proteins." (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/9661267/)

Natural sources include:

fresh meat and fish;
eggs;
most fresh vegetables — except spinach, tomatoes, avocado, and eggplant;
most fresh fruit — except citrus and some berries;
oils like coconut and olive oil;
grains, including rice, quinoa, corn, teff, and millet;
hereforhelp

Re: Diamine Oxidase (DAO) Supplements

Post by hereforhelp »

Thank you for the feedback!