Chapter 9 - Iodine Breast Pain

A discussion area for topics from my second book Hormone Repair Manual. When you start a thread, please refer to the chapter where the topic appears.
Zed-Red

Chapter 9 - Iodine Breast Pain

Post by Zed-Red »

Hi Lara
In your book you recommend molecular iodine (I2) which is available as the brand Violet. When I look at Violet it is Potassium Iodide (KI) and in your blog you say that I2 is preferable and safer than KI.

I have been looking everywhere for molecular Iodine and can't find any in the UK, everything comes up as Potassium Iodide. Do you know of any products containing Molecular iodine or what do I look for on the ingredients list.

Thanks ever so much!
Jeslyn

Re: Chapter 9 - Iodine Breast Pain

Post by Jeslyn »

I found this on the Violet website, so maybe it answers your question (highlighting mine).

Is this different from other iodine (iodide) supplements currently available?
Yes it is different. Violet is created using a novel technology that combines a formulation of two forms of iodine: iodide and iodate. This unique, non-hormonal formulation interacts with the acidic pH environment of the stomach to form molecular iodine, which is then delivered to breast tissue, resulting in a reduction of menstrual-related breast discomfort. Until now, there has never been a supplement demonstrated to target breast tissue, making Violet the first iodine supplement to address the underlying cause of menstrual-related breast symptoms associated with fibrocystic breast condition.

Looks like the don't sell it in the UK, but you can use a service like ShipItTo.

Hope that help.
Zed-Red

Re: Chapter 9 - Iodine Breast Pain

Post by Zed-Red »

Hi Jeslyn
Thank you so much for taking the time to send me the information, that's really kind of you. It is interesting. I had written to Violet originally but had not had a reply. I was trying to avoid ordering more products from America as it ends up sooooo expensive but I may have to this time.
Thanks once again!