HRT on menopause aggravating endometriosis

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
meowallthetime

HRT on menopause aggravating endometriosis

Post by meowallthetime »

I’m on a chemical menopause to manage endometriosis, using 150mg Orilissa daily. My gyne said I will be on this long term until I reach menopause naturally in about 10-15 years.

To help deal with the drug’s menopause-like side effects, my gyne had put me on 1mg estradiol and 200mg Prometrium. It worked well, but I started to get heavy, long periods from the estradiol.

I have since switched to Duavive, too soon to tell if it will help the bleeding stop. But since I cannot use progesterone on it, I’m really feeling the effects of low progesterone (especially the anxiety).

Is there an alternate from of estrogen I can use that may work well with progesterone, without aggravating endometriosis?

The other option my gyne gave me was to take progesterone only. And accept the low estrogen side effects. But I understand the need for estrogen for brain, bone, and heart health - since I’m going into menopause younger than I would naturally. And feel I would benefit the most with both. Am I wrong?