Heavy Periods and Uterus

A discussion area for heavy periods. Please start by reviewing my article/podcast/YouTube video Natural treatment of heavy periods and Chapter 9 of Period Repair Manual.
Ana

Heavy Periods and Uterus

Post by Ana »

Hello dear Lara.

I read your book Period Repair Manual and I am currently reading Hormone Repair Manual. I love both books and I thank you deeply for your work. I am recommending your books to all my friends.

I am almost 39, and I always had heavy periods but they are getting more and more heavy (130 ml). I feel tired and have iron deficiency every now and then. My gynecologist suggested Hormonal IUD (or traditional Chinese medicine, which I heard can be rather slow). So I bought your books with the hope I can find another way, because I am prone to anxiety and depression and I have a prothrombin mutation, so I would like to avoid an Hormonal IUD.

I quit cow dairy 2 months ago and I felt instantly lighter, my belly got flat and this spring didn't feel the hay fever. My period got more liquid, not so many clumps so that's great. But still 130 ml blood. I will continue avoiding cow dairy because it feels good anyway. I also started taking Magnesium + Vitamine B which is helping a lot with PMS.

I live in Switzerland and Bloodtest are pretty expensive. I am checking my temperature in the morning to see if it gives me a clue about my Progesterone levels, and I am preparing myself to talk to my doctor about the possibility of taking Prometrium.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you if the shape or position of the uterus can affect your period. A doctor told me while he was doing an ultrasound of my belly that my uterus was kind of looking a bit backwards at the top, so it wouldn't surprise him that my periods are heavy. I didn't understand it quite well though. From another doctor I heard that my uterine lining was pretty up.

Another thing that makes me wonder is that I wasn't able to have a vaginal birth (have two children), because I wasn't able to dilate more than 2 cm even after more than 24 hours of contractions. Is it possible that my uterus can't have efficient contractions, and that affects both my period and births? Could that make that I bleed more because it is difficult for my uterus to shed all the lining?

I just found this information https://www.leahbrueggemann.com/blog/pe ... s-answered but never heard of this before. Also my gynecologist said she couldn't say why my births were like this.

Thank you so much.