Christine MacCarroll, Functional Nutritionist, Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
christinemaccarroll

Christine MacCarroll, Functional Nutritionist, Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition

Post by christinemaccarroll »

Hello!

I'm Christine MacCarroll, a functional nutritionist based in Denver, CO in the US. My focus is on women's health and hormones, and I've also recently been putting additional focus on midlife metabolism, as I hit midlife myself :)

In trying to think about when I first got interested in this topic, I have to give a nod to my uber-"crunchy" mama, who not only delivered me at home, but showed me the pictures of my own birth from a very young age! I got the idea both that women's bodies are magical, and that the our general processes are very normal. It was a shock to my system to get to school and realize I was in the extreme minority!

Later, in helping my own daughter make a 180 recovery from a neurological speech diagnosis, my interest in the recovery capacity of our bodies was reignited, and I dove head first into making holistic health my life's work. I've been in practice for the last 7 years.