Swapping from HRT to bioidentical

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
Sassy_Bowen

Swapping from HRT to bioidentical

Post by Sassy_Bowen »

Firstly thanks for such a great resource - the Hormone Repair Manual. I’m currently prescribed “Femoston” and want to transition to a continuous bioidentical treatment. I started early menopause at approx age 34, endured years of ivf treatment (with no success) and was then on no hormone support until about age 44. I’ve been on Femoston ever since (I’m 47 now).

My gp is ok to prescribe Estrogel and Prometrium. But I could be very well past menopause already, considering how early it started for me.

My main symptoms as far as I can tell after being on a hormonal yo yo for many years are some hot flushes, anxiety (this is a big one) and vaginal dryness. All of which I still experience to some degree (esp. anxiety) while taking Femoston 1/10.

Basically I don’t know where I sit and was hoping for some advice to point me in the right direction.

I appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.
Lara

Re: Swapping from HRT to bioidentical

Post by Lara »

Estrogel and Prometrium are bioidentical. Is that what you're asking?
If your doctor is happy to prescribe it, you can probably just switch to that combination as a daily dose. At 47, you definitely still need some hormone therapy for at least some years. Maybe longer term but check with your doctor.