Recurring BV

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
hmgilbert79

Recurring BV

Post by hmgilbert79 »

Are there any solutions for/ways to avoid recurring BV? This is generally followed by a bout of thrush post-antibiotics. I had hoped that it might alleviate after my hysterectomy for adenomyosis/endo, but this is not the case. Is there a relationship between the two? Is there anyway to avoid BV other than standard suggestions don't use soap, wear cotton underwear etc. etc.? I feel like because it is recurring there must be a serious dysbiosis, is there nay way to correct this? Any help/suggestions/information will be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Lara

Re: Recurring BV

Post by Lara »

are you still cycling? ie. are you still making estrogen or are you in menopause?
Because estrogen can help to prevent BV.
hmgilbert79

Re: Recurring BV

Post by hmgilbert79 »

I am perimenopausal, 42yo. Since hysterectomy have started to track cycles with basal temp but in early stages and not sure I'm getting it right as temps seemed to have fluctuated a bit in current cycle. Suffer from PMS moods (often feeling like a psycho) and migraine (take migraine preventer, but still get them in last week of cycle) and have had symptoms of hormonal imbalance for many years, suspect I am still short of progesterone. Very sore front of breasts this cycle and read in your book this often symptom of high estrogen. Would it be worth talking to naturopath about taking estrogen/progesterone ?
Thanks so much for your reply