Chapter 8 Up s and Down s of estrogen/Migraines

A discussion area for topics from my first book Period Repair Manual. When you start a thread, please refer to the chapter where the topic appears.
egiles130

Chapter 8 Up s and Down s of estrogen/Migraines

Post by egiles130 »

Hi

The strategies for Migraine during the lutheal phase in the book have changed my life.I get less Migraines during those days approaching to my period and even if I get a migraine, it is much milder. I'm 47 years l old, up to 3 months ago used to had a regular cycle of 31 days and have changed to 28 days, just as you have mentioned being part of the perimenopause. I also experience migraines during the 2-3 days (Day 12,13,14) leading to my ovulation. Those tend to be stronger (I have followed your guidance and seems I ovulate; temperature risen constantly after ovulation, fertile mucus, ovulation strip test positive). I'm trying to figure out if the strategies for Migraines during lutheal phase may be different from those caused before ovulation which I suspect is to the rise of estrogen. I follow a low histamine diet, no dairy, alcohol, gluten free . Any guidance on that? Thanks
Lara

Re: Chapter 8 Up s and Down s of estrogen/Migraines

Post by Lara »

One of the main strategies for perimenopausal migraines is body-identical progesterone. Have you tried that?
egiles130

Post by egiles130 »

Not yet, I do the progesterone cream during lutheal phase until 2 days of my cycle. The worst of my migraines comes not during the week leading to my period, they came couple of days before I ovulate, usually day 12,13 of my cycle. The strategies you mention in the book related to create resilience to estrogen ups/downs would that also work for migraines related to the before ovulation time? Thanks
Lara

Post by Lara »

yes, stabilising estrogen can help with ovulation migraines. Please also look at histamine issues. See my blog post about menstrual migraines.