Full time Prometrium and ovulation

A discussion area for topics from my second book Hormone Repair Manual. When you start a thread, please refer to the chapter where the topic appears.
sarahspranza

Full time Prometrium and ovulation

Post by sarahspranza »

I got approval from my oncologist to try 200 mg Prometrium daily instead of Megace (Progestin) after two years free of endometrial cancer (see post Prometrium vs Progestin for Endometrial Cancer) and a recent biopsy that showed no thickening of the endometrium, and no pre-cancer cells. I had been taking Megace for about 3 years in small dose. I have been taking Prometrium only now for about 5 weeks and I'm having my first bleed. I did not bleed at all on the Megace. My question is, should I expect to return to some sort of cycle? Is it possible to ovulate when taking Prometrium full time? Would this be considered a "pill bleed"?
Also of interest is the side effects that I have experienced during the transition to Prometrium. Tender breasts, and weaker digestion (more bloating from gas). The breast tenderness seems to be decreasing. I will also be ordering a thermometer to track basal body temperature to see if I am ovulating.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!