Menopause and Covid?

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
rosh_22

Menopause and Covid?

Post by rosh_22 »

Hi everyone,
I've just joined discussion and nice to meet you all. I'm a functional medicine research analyst and writer.

I'm keen to discuss the relationship between Menopausal Symptoms - peri and post, and Covid. Whether our hormone imbalances can be affected by Covid vaccine and/or possible infection / long Covid symptoms.

My own experience has been interesting in that my uterine lining was 15mm in 2020 age 47, so I opted for the Lara B suggestion of omitting dairy and introducing a natural progesterone influenced diet including high strength turmeric and Calcium D Glucarate. The results had been phenomenal insofaras my body decided it had had enough cycles and I was relatively cycle free in 2021 but for straight after the Covid vaccine in July/August 2021.

I've not tested positive for Covid yet couldn't confirm I've not had it at some point unknowingly. I do have symptoms that could be classed as long Covid ones. In any case, I've since experienced heavy bleed in Jan 2022 and two more in Feb. My uterine lining following an ultrasound last week is now 8mm, aged 49 which I'm actually pleased about given its reduced from 15. I've been advised to consider Mirena which I'm not keen to do.

Any advice? Could be a ghost bleed post menopausal?

Thanks and stay safe
Rosh