Dermoid Cysts

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
WiscoLady++

Dermoid Cysts

Post by WiscoLady++ »

Hello!

When I was pregnant with my daughter over four years ago, my OBGYN found two large dermoid cysts on my ovaries. At 16 weeks pregnant, I had surgery to remove one of the cysts and that ovary, and one cyst was removed from my other ovary. (Surgery went well, and my daughter was born in April 2018 full term.) I now have only one ovary, and another cyst has begun to appear once again (which was anticipated). Does anyone know what might be causing the cyst to form in the first place? Or what I can do to prevent it from growing anymore? I came upon this website as I was researching iodine. Would that help?

Additionally, I have been trying to conceive for the past 3.5 years. I have had two miscarriages, where the development of the baby stopped at 5 weeks each time. Is there a clear indication of some deficiency in my diet?

Anyone with recommendations on how to move forward on what to do would be appreciated. Thank you!