Intro

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
sewsable

Intro

Post by sewsable »

Hi,
I'm Rachelle, diagnosed with endo at age 45 after 25 years of major IBS symptoms. Ended up with an almost blocked bowel and bleeding from the bowel due to endo infiltration. At that time I had a hysterectomy due to adenomyosis, a bowel resection and excision of a lot of endo; my surgeon wasn't expecting it to be as bad as it was so went quite a bit over time. I lost my first ovary in this surgery due to how involved it was with the endo. My original diagnosis came from an MRI.
Since then I've had an oopherectomy as my remaining ovary was misbehaving and am now on HRT (all 3 hormones). Things haven't been too bad for some time, but I'm now having bowel issues again which were triggered by what I suspect was a viral stomach bug, that certainly felt nothing like my old issues.
Tomorrow I'm visiting a naturopathic herbalist and hoping to organise a comprehensive stool test to see what we need to do there; I also have a gastroenterologist appointment coming up. It's expensive having medical issues, especially as the public system is overwhelmed so private is the only option atm.