Breast Implants and Hormones

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
Emilyleva84

Breast Implants and Hormones

Post by Emilyleva84 »

Hi, I'm 38 and just had explant surgery to remove my breast implants I had for 4 years due to breast implant illness as I have learned they are endocrine disruptors and can really wreak havoc on our hormones (along with MANY other symptoms).

One of the hormonal symptoms I've experienced for the last 12-18 mos is my cycle is now 25-27 days, and my period is lasting maybe 2 full days - barely. Before this from age 12 on I have been regular with a 28-30 day cycle and 3-4 day normal, healthy periods. I gave birth to 3 children and had no issues getting pregnant.

Now it is very very light, no pain, my mood is steady and I'm experiencing NO other symptoms. After reading some blog posts by Dr. Lara it appears maybe my progesterone is low? I think it also has to do with my implants and I know that will take time to regulate now that I have removed them, however, I don't really know what to do as I don't appear to fall into the pre-menopausal category - what could I do to extend the length of my cycle and period?