Perimenopause

This forum is to discuss the women's health topics covered by my books, blog, and podcast. Thanks for being part of the conversation. Please take a moment to introduce yourself.
Juna

Perimenopause

Post by Juna »

Hey there,
I am Juna from the Netherlands.
I am 39 years old, and have been suffering from PMS/or likely PMDD for years and years.
At the moment the PMDD like depression that I usually feel before my menses for about a week seems to be extending into the rest of the month, not all days but 'most' days. And I do not know what to do.
I fight it every day.
I feel so down and there seems to be no hope or motivation in my body. It feels like it will never get better.
I think it could possibly be perimenopause, or something.
The worst moments of the month are the days around ovulation and the week before my menses start, during those days I feel like I cannot go on living.
The rest of the 'bad' days feel a bit different. Then I do want to be alive, but just feel so empthy of motivation and hope.
When I think about the fact that this phase could take years.. I feel absolutely afraid.
And, that is why I ended up here.
I just cannot let this go on and 'have' to find ways to make it a bit better. There is so much I still want to do with my life.
I just purchased the 'Hormone repair manual' book and am waiting for it to arrive.
I hope there is something in it that will help.

I wondered if there are any things that I could start doing already? Are there any things that you (the others here) already tried and feel very enthousiastic about?

Much love to all of you.
Juna.