Post pill PCOS now HA?

A discussion area for PCOS. Please start by reviewing my articles 4 Types of PCOS, 4 Causes of androgen excess in women and Chapter 7 of Period Repair Manual.
gracehend

Post pill PCOS now HA?

Post by gracehend »

Hi there,
I’m 22, stopped OCP last year in March (had been on it since 15 and went on it for acne). Got 2 periods post stopping pill, then was dealing with chronic stress and weight loss so lost period. Diagnosed with pcos September last year, (acne, facial hair, cysts on ovaries, high testosterone). Since Feb this year I have maintained my regular weight, decreased stress, swapped from HIIT to Pilates, taking regular supplements (fish oil, immune supps, magnesium), eat very well, acne is gone, testosterone is down. But I still have no period and no signs of ovulation. Also have low estrogen, vaginal dryness, no sex drive, bladder issues, hot sweats at night. gyno prescribed vaginal estrgoen cream (allergic to it) now I’m back at square one. Any tips? More testing I should be doing? Herbs or supps to increase estrogen? I’m worried about early menopause? I want to have kids! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lara

Re: Post pill PCOS now HA?

Post by Lara »

Early menopause is easy to rule out with a test for FSH.
More likely, you are low estrogen because you're undereating for your activity level. Even with the correct strategy of eating more + exercising less, it can actually take up to a year to regain cycles and estrogen.

And in answer to your question, yes. It's possible to have post-pill androgens (diagnosed as PCOS) but then progress from that and be in a state of undereating or HA.