Induce withdrawal bleed with progesterone crème?

A discussion area for PCOS. Please start by reviewing my articles 4 Types of PCOS, 4 Causes of androgen excess in women and Chapter 7 of Period Repair Manual.
rowanlangedijk

Induce withdrawal bleed with progesterone crème?

Post by rowanlangedijk »

Hello Lara,

I have a few quick questions which I am hoping that you will be willing to answer. I live in the Netherlands, so I am not able to make an appointment at your practice. Unfortunately, I have not had any success consulting my local doctors due to there lack of knowledge of my condition and treatments. That's why I have read your book Period Repair Manual.

I am a 27-year-old woman with PCOS who gave birth 7 months ago to my first child.
I do not have a menstrual cycle and am not using any form of contraceptive.
I would very much like to try using the topical bio-identical progesterone crème to induce a monthly withdrawal bleed because this is available over the counter in the Netherland instead of the medicine Utrogestan which requires a prescription here.

Question:
• Does the Dr Lee progesterone crème contains bio-identical progesterone?
• Is it possible to induce a monthly withdrawal bleed with the Dr Lee topical crème? If possible, could you suggest how I should use it to induce the desired effect.

I am very grateful that you are taking the time to read my questions and hopefully you are able to provide me with some information to help me further.

Kind regards,
Rowan