What type of PCOS I have?

A discussion area for PCOS. Please start by reviewing my articles 4 Types of PCOS, 4 Causes of androgen excess in women and Chapter 7 of Period Repair Manual.
Aina

What type of PCOS I have?

Post by Aina »

Hello!

My name is Aina, I’m from Catalonia. Sorry for my level of English.

I wanted to ask you about my polycystic ovary syndrome. I would be very grateful if you could guide me on the type of PCOS I have and what I could do to regain my fertility as I want to get pregnant and so far I have not been able to.

I have been diagnosed with PCOS since I was 16 years old. I am currently 37 years old. I am not overweight or have high glucose. I have had amenorrea at various times in my life. From September 2021 to March 2022 I had a single period in December. I have some hirsutism but not alopecia. My weight is 58 - 59 kg and my height is 1.65m. I have been practicing aerial acrobatics since 2017 twice a week but for about 3 months I have been lowering my intensity and training once every 2 or 3 weeks. On January 14th I had a blood test. All values ​​are normal except: high testosterone (2.90 nmol / l) and LH (18.7 U / L). I have the analytics in pdf. In 2018 I had an ultrasound and cysts came out of my ovaries, I also had some tests done and the results were similar to last January. I have been doing ovulation tests for the last 2 months every day and I almost always have a slight mark on the ovulation line but faintly. My basal temperature is usually 36.1 - 36.2, I have also been measuring it for about 2 months. I have read about the different types of PCOS and I can't understand what type of PCOS I would have and what I can do to ovulate. Thank you so much Lara, any guidance will be great for me.

Thank you for your attention,
Aina Castelltort.
Lara

Re: What type of PCOS I have?

Post by Lara »

Hi Aina,
sorry, that is not quite enough information for me to be able to say.
For example, on which day of your cycle was the January 14th blood test? ie. did you have a bleed within a few weeks after that test?
Do you speak Spanish? If so, please see my book Cómo mejorar tu ciclo menstrual, which has a big section on diagnosing PCOS and the different types.