Missed period

A discussion area for all other topics. When you start a thread, please make the topic clear in the subject. You may prefer to start a thread in the "blog posts" forum (above) -- and refer to my blog title about that topic.
Kjhyde28

Missed period

Post by Kjhyde28 »

Are missed periods normal? Why do random missed periods occur with no history of irregular cycles.

A little background: I have always had very normal cycles which are 28-30 days. I was on the oral combined contraceptive pill 2010-2020. My husband and I have been trying for a pregnancy for over one year. Off birth control pill 2.5 years. We had a miscarriage nov2021 at 9 weeks. We have been seeing infertility clinics for help and to understand why I am not getting pregnant. My husband had a varicocele repair last week which we are hoping will correct his sperm count and motility and help our overall fertility. During one of our fertility appointments (july2021), the OB started me on metformin 1000mg ER based on an ultrasound. He said it appeared like many follicles were trying to develop. I am not overweight, do not have androgen excess, no excessive acne or hair growth. Never thought I could have PCOS.

This cycle, I still have not gotten my period which has never happened before. It has been 44 days since my last period. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests which have been negative. I’m afraid I’m starting to develop more pcos features. I don’t know if I should take some medication to induce my cycle. I don’t know what to do at this point in regards to tracking my ovulation if I didn’t bleed.