PCOS, BRACA GENE & SURIGAL MENAPAUSE & TESTOSTERONE GEL

A discussion area for PCOS. Please start by reviewing my articles 4 Types of PCOS, 4 Causes of androgen excess in women and Chapter 7 of Period Repair Manual.
SWayne_71

PCOS, BRACA GENE & SURIGAL MENAPAUSE & TESTOSTERONE GEL

Post by SWayne_71 »

Hi, I have the BRACA cancer gene and was diagnosed with PCOS in my 20s. a couple of years ago I had my ovaries out and went in to surgical menopause (I was then 48 I am now 51). I recently went to my hospital to discuss my PCOS and if it would would have any effect on my HRT options as I already have limitations because of the BRACA, however I learned they no longer have my notes because I just discharged years ago and left to my devices on metformin and sprirolactone for 20 year, and never checked up on. (I stopped taking them after the surgery).

Since the surgery I'm really struggling with anxiety, depression and tiredness, I comfort eat because of this and have no energy for exercise and I'm at the heaviest I've ever been. I'm miserable. I have no sex drive or drive for anything at all. I'm currently on a low dose of everol patch 50, I have a marina coil, however my neighbour swears that her life has been improved by testosterone gel.

What I would like to know is it advisable to take testosterone gel, when I have PCOS? My symptoms have been hirsutism and weight gain, which from what i read are linked to testosterone, so it doesn't make sense to take more right? Do I need to have my levels re checked or is it not possible now that I'm post menapausal? I just want to feel like me again.