25 yrs old: PCOS/Chronic Constipation/ Low Est & Prog

A discussion area for PCOS. Please start by reviewing my articles 4 Types of PCOS, 4 Causes of androgen excess in women and Chapter 7 of Period Repair Manual.
kaykoen17

25 yrs old: PCOS/Chronic Constipation/ Low Est & Prog

Post by kaykoen17 »

I am a healthy 25-year-old, eat mostly whole foods, limit sugar, 5'4", and 128lbs. I had regular periods before starting the pill about 8 years ago. I stopped taking it in March 2022 and have not yet had a period. I had an ultrasound that showed multiple cysts on my ovaries but I am not experiencing any weight gain, acne, or excess androgen symptoms. My hormones are concerning to me, and have dropped even in the last year:

Prolactin: 6.7
FSH: 3.2
DHEA: 313
Progesterone: 0.1
Estradiol: < 5.0
TSH: 1.570
T4: 6.0
T3: 72
Vitamin D: 32.4
Insulin: 5.3

I simultaneously started experiencing chronic constipation about 2.5 years ago and have since had a colon resection d/t having "an extra long colon" which I thought would help but didn't make a difference. I am now on 290mcg Linzess which doesn't help consistently, either.

I want to fix these issues naturally and do not want to cover it up with birth control but I cannot find any resources that address my situation specifically and am feeling super lost about it! I am willing to adjust my diet as needed. I usually intermittent fast, and eat a high fiber/ lower carb/ mostly vegetarian diet naturally. I just read "How to Heal Your Metabolism" and am feeling confused as she recommends dairy and meats, and to cut down on a lot of the foods I regularly eat. In the PCOS community, I see that it's helpful to eat dairy/gluten-free. Just confused on next steps. Thank you!!